Monday, March 15, 2010

Changes aren't always bad..

I used the begining of my Spring Break in a very productive way: looking for new talent for my show. No, I don't have a co-host but I do have a boatload of new indie bands that want you to hear them. Now I know you probably have some questions.. and if they look anything like the ones below, I saved you some time!

When will you be able to listen to these amazing artists that I spent hours selecting for my lovely listeners? I've decided to turn my Friday show into a spotlight show for these great bands. I originally considered creating a brandspankingnew show for this purpose, but I decided it'd be in my best interest to stick to two shows a week. It is possible that I could run this show during the summer, granted I do not get accepted to the internship I applied for or get a summer job.

What is your process of picking musicians? While listening to demos I am basically looking for one thing: anything that sounds good. In all honesty, you could have a goat playing the bango for all I care.. as long as that goat can play well, I'll probably play your music. Doesn't sound hard, right? It really isn't. But if you're tone deaf, I probably won't be playing you any time soon.

How can the fans help/interact? If you like a band that you heard on my show, e-mail, tweet or comment me and tell me that you want them to be in regular rotation. Requests will really make things happen.


I am currently planning the first show and a phone interview is in the works. I can't reveal names of bands yet but soon enough you'll be hearing music you'll wish you heard sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment